Re: gillet exhaust

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 20:26:18 -0700 (PDT) "A. Bjorkheim"
<andreb@u.washington.edu> writes:

>   COME ON, if you guys are going to discuss exhausts, change the
subject
>from that "I love MIME messages" crap to something having to do with
>exhausts.  I dont know about the remainder of the people on the list
>but I check all posts, regardless of the subject just cuz I know people
>tend not to stick to the subject.  Sheesh....  Anyway, I AM going to
>talk about my exhaust so if you dont care to read further, delete it
>=)

OOPS, sorry. I'll go sit in the corner for a time out.

Hey! Real listees read *ALL* the messages anyways! (Uh, mainly because
you never know what's really under the subject.)

>    Naw, the exhaust aint boring in the least.  I think it is one of the
>better sounding ones out there, IMHO!  BTW, I have one on my 79'.  At
>idle it is rather quiet, not loud, of course most exhausts that I have
>heard are quiet at idle.  But then when you give it throttle it doesnt
>have that annoying *WWWAAAAAAAPPPPP*, instead it is much deeper.  If I
>have someone rev the car in my driveway, I can feel the vibrations from
>inside my house.  BTW, I too have had the exhaust for some time now,
about
>4 years and I have had no problems with it whatsoever.  I believe it is
>2.25", has 2 resonators, 1 muffler and a powder coated tailpipe.  If you
>want a painfully annoying exhaust do no purchase a Gillet.
>
>  Andre'

Andre':
Are you sure you ave a Gillet?? Mike has them on both his cars. Its a
quiet snoozer system on his Scirocco, and a boring quiet snoozer system
on his GTi. They make NO sound, no matter what the throttle position. His
wifes Golf 4 dr makes more of a manly exhaust sound with the G60 muffler
on it than either of his 2 cars together!. (or did he remove that too.)

Ah well.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and