gillet exhaust

   COME ON, if you guys are going to discuss exhausts, change the subject
from that "I love MIME messages" crap to something having to do with
exhausts.  I dont know about the remainder of the people on the list
but I check all posts, regardless of the subject just cuz I know people
tend not to stick to the subject.  Sheesh....  Anyway, I AM going to
talk about my exhaust so if you dont care to read further, delete it =)

> Aaaaaaaaa.... NO I don't have a Leistriz system SHAWN!!! It's a
> Gillett!!! Which for those who care is a European tuned system that
> meets europe's sound laws with flying colors & still makes A LOT of
> power!! Right Shawn? Paul? I think shawn hates it because he can't
> hear me punch it,  &  all he see's is less & less of the rear of my
> car.  Plus it fits excellent,  no jerking around trying to align
> things.  It also has been a long lasting system (been on for the past
> 6 years) I know it's not much to say out here in sunny califorina but
> I've heard similar stories from those cold regions also.
>
> I like the system so much that I put one on my 16v GTI. ( which shawn
> hate's too :-)
> Maybe the exhaust is BORING but the CAR is NOT!!!!

    Naw, the exhaust aint boring in the least.  I think it is one of the
better sounding ones out there, IMHO!  BTW, I have one on my 79'.  At
idle it is rather quiet, not loud, of course most exhausts that I have
heard are quiet at idle.  But then when you give it throttle it doesnt
have that annoying *WWWAAAAAAAPPPPP*, instead it is much deeper.  If I
have someone rev the car in my driveway, I can feel the vibrations from
inside my house.  BTW, I too have had the exhaust for some time now, about
4 years and I have had no problems with it whatsoever.  I believe it is
2.25", has 2 resonators, 1 muffler and a powder coated tailpipe.  If you
want a painfully annoying exhaust do no purchase a Gillet.

  Andre'