Re: You want a loud exhuast???

> Jim Buck can testify how my exhaust sounds.  If you want a loud
> performance exhaust, pay attention.  :^)

> I have a Try-Y header, into 2" pipe.  This pipe is bent into the
> stock configuration, with smoother corners.  On the end I have a
> DynoMax TubroTube, the 24" model.  I have classic tags on the car, so
> I do not need emmisions here in Pennsylvania.
> Header- $150 (five years ago)
> 2" pipe, custom bent- $100
> Tubo Tube- $25

  On my previous scirocco, I had a dual outlet manifold to techtonics
downpipe(the long version) to a custom bent exhaust that was either 2.25 or
2.5 inches to a Supertrapp muffler. No cat, that thing could wake the dead
when I gassed it, which I did often;). Anyhow, I put the cat back on exhaust
first, then a few months later I did the manifld and downpipe and trashed
the cat. The biggest gain really seemed to come from the manifold/downpipe
combo. Getting a used dual outlet manifold, and a techtonics downpipe is a
pretty affordable and very reliable way to go, in addition to being at nearly
the same performance level as headers.

Brad