Subject: Re: Dire prophecy?
Author:  skerocdriver@juno.com (SHAWN C MEZE) at TGATE
Date:    10/22/97 12.19 am

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:40:28 -0700 Benton Yoshida
<byoshida@zygote.hsc.usc.edu> writes:
>I've recently noticed the sound of a relay clicking under the dash while
>driving.  I haven't noticed if any particular set of circumstances
induces
>the click.  I don't notice any stumbling or loss of power so I don't
think
>it's the fuel pump relay but I'm not sure.  So is this a warning of a
>future breakdown in an unsavory part of town?  If so, is there some way
>test which relay is giving up the ghost or is there one that's more
likely
>to fail?   I have an '81 btw.  Thanks for any help, benton---

I dont know which one it is but what you can do is reach under there and
feel for the one thats clicking. Id say thats a good place to start. I
know its not much, but its what I got for ya.

I hope this finds for you something usefull in your quest for what clicks
you.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and