Re: Replacing Rear Window Defrost Fuse?

Night Shadow wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Carrie Ann Tess wrote:
>
> > Can anyone please help me?  I am needing to change the fuse of my rear
> > window defrost.  I think that is the problem at least.  I have tried to
> > push it over and it just won't go anywhere so that is why I am thinking
> > it is possibly that I need to replace the fuse.  Does anyone know what
> > number I need?  Any help would be much appreciated, because living up
> > here in the great white tundra I really use my rear defrost a lot!
> > Thanks so much!  Carrie Ann :)  '87 Scirocco 16 V

I had this problem last winter. It come from thr defroster switch
getting too hot from being left in the on position too long. The switch
has a small bearing inside and when the plastic becomes hot it will
distort and the ball will not move and contact the copper plate
completeing the circuit. In any case you can try to rebuild the switch
by removing it and taking it apart. This worked for me for awhile till
the switch became too warped to hold the ball in place and i had to
replace it. Hope this helps.

shannon
87 16V