Dire prophecy?

I've recently noticed the sound of a relay clicking under the dash while
driving.  I haven't noticed if any particular set of circumstances induces
the click.  I don't notice any stumbling or loss of power so I don't think
it's the fuel pump relay but I'm not sure.  So is this a warning of a
future breakdown in an unsavory part of town?  If so, is there some way to
test which relay is giving up the ghost or is there one that's more likely
to fail?   I have an '81 btw.  Thanks for any help, benton---