Re: Query of electrical or mechanical faults...

>What I learned:
>At the track I removed the spark plugs thinking it has wasted the
>electrode on one of them. (it ran exactly like that scenerio) They were
>fine although the plugs read a little rich on the fuel mixture. Mike
>leaned it out a tad.

So there is good spark to all the plugs?  Maybe your cap+rotor have carbon
tracks?  Distributor and vacuum advance in good shape?  Vacuum leaks?  You
still running that Nology setup?

>Then I thought since my battery seems to be en route to a slow painful
>death, maybe its low voltage wasn't giving enough juice to run all that's
>needed to perform properly. So, I hooked up my battery charger at a 2amp
>charge and retested. Everything worked great! All 4 injectors flowed the
>same.

So after charging the battery, did the car run any better?  Can you swap in
the Jetta's battery to test your weak battery hypothesis?

GL, HTH, YMMV and all that, benton---