Re: Query of electrical or mechanical faults...

> Phew.... so, after all of that insight, my question to you guru's is
> thus:
>
> Can a dying battery cause the electrical system to not supply enough
> power to run the fuel system at peak, causing my latest problems?
> *OR*
> Can the crack (which goes 180 degrees around the one downpipe) make that
> much of an impact on the way an engine runs?
>
>               Shawn Meze

Well, many years ago I had a 1979 Scirocco with a crack at the 4-into-2
junction of the exhaust.  Occasionally, I would get the exact symptoms
out of the car that you described, like the car was running on 3 cylinders.
I would suggest fixing that first and re-evaluating.  As far as the electrical
requirements to drive your fuel up to the proper pressure, if your alternator
is in good condition, as well as the accompanying wiring, then it should have
put out enough voltage when the car was running to run the pump up to correct
operating pressure.  (how's that for a sentence?)  HTH! :-)

==Brett