Re: Hey all!

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, SHAWN C MEZE wrote:

> So, for those of us not rich enough to go to Nationals..... how did you
> and Mannix do?? Do you have results for us?? (Especially DSP! Who won!)

DSP had an upset winner - Tom Ellam (Tom Berry was supposed to win, I guess).
I just barely trophied (40 entrants in DSP, 11 trophy positions, I finished
10th).  The results can be found (along with course maps and some pretty
good pictures) at:

http://www.tirerack.com/features/solo2/solo97.htm

BTW, for those of you who autocross but didn't think going to Nationals was
worth it with DSP being dominated by 185-hp RX-3/2s and Fiats (well, one
Fiat, anyway).... the RXs are going to CSP next year...

And if you don't have much cash beyond the entry fee (like us), you can
always camp outside the event site (like we did) instead of getting a hotel
room.  Wet, but fun.

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/