Volktoberfest report

Well, all in all it was very good show.  Based on the classes you'd have
thought it would be a major aircooled show, but watercooled outnumbered
aircooled by a wide margin.  About 160 cars showed up, with about 110
being watercooled.  I'll have pictures soon. :-)  It was good to see
some people again, H2O club members and Jim Buck again.  (Hey, I can
spell *you're* last name. :) )

Quick story and warning...

I stayed overnight at the show site, along with several other show
participants.  When I parked my car for the night, I found a nice
well lit spot near another show car, locked up, forgot to put my
Club on, went back and did that and walked away.  The next morning
I looked out (I parked where I could see my car, and had checked
a couple of times during the night) and saw the other show car that
was parked near me was gone.  I thought I was late for the show, but
it turns out that the white A2 GTI (yellow Euro plate "N 2 DEEP") had
been stolen.  I walked outside and their were the owners talking to
the cops and showing them pictures.  They usually leave their car
on the trailer, and had no alarm and no other anti-theft device. I
think I may still have my car due to the Club...huge bummer.

On to more happy things...

Scirocco's & Corrado's were classed together but I'm giong to ask the
event organizer to make a Scirocco class next year.  Anyway, I was
one of 4 Scirocco modified show cars (there were 2 in stock class) and
I had the only one of the 4 with the engine that came with it. One
Scirocco I had what looked like a Callaway turbo, the other had a
really slick custom supercharger with NOS, and the other Scirocco II
had a heavily EIP modified (220hp) G60.  I felt so underpowered...
someday...The supercharged MK I won 1st in class and placed 3rd for
Best of Show.  It was a really great great vehicle.  Pictures to come.

Even though it was a 350 mile trip for me (one way) I'm going again
next year.  There were a TON of venders there, deals were decent.

Maybe I'll write more later.

==Brett