Subject: Re: only in europe-gearing q'-CLARIFICATION-
Author:  Benton Yoshida <byoshida@zygote.hsc.usc.edu> at TGATE
Date:    10/14/97 3.05 am

 And while I'm here, I earlier wondered what the advantages of the
Audi 1.8L 20valve turbo motor were when it only put out 150hp.  I checked
some of my car mags again and found that the motor is torquey for it's
size.  I did read somewhere that throttle response is very good but the Car
& Driver folks (especially John Phillips) seemed to think the motor was
laggy (when it was in the new Passat).  Still, 8 second 0-60 in a car that
weighs almost 50% more than ours is pretty nice. benton-----