Re: Hey all!

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, SHAWN C MEZE wrote:

> Yes on both. First, drive slow to be fast. Sounds completely stupid
> (Yeah, stoopid too) but in the world of autox, its the absolute truth.

Do you know how many times I heard that? We should make "The Autocrossers
Bible"...that would be the first commandment!

> The trick to slaloms is to maintain your speed through the slalom. Don't
> jab on the gas, then on the brake ect, ect, ect. It really unbalanced the
> car. Maintain the fastest speed you can through the slalom with a steady
> throttle position. This is true especially on long slalom sections.

Yeah, I tried, Mannix was a instructor and he ran with me, yelling "Right,
left, right, keep it on the floor!"...have to go to a empty pakinglot and
try it faster and faster.....

> Fuel starvation:
> There's 2 way's to fix this. You can either run with more fuel. (Which is
> what I do. at least 1/2 tank, sometimes more.) and/or bring extra fuel
> with you to the track so if it turns out to have a long/fast sweeping
> right hander you can add a few gallons to compensate for the chugg
> factor. OR;

I *had* 1/2 tank!....I'll have to try as full as possible, as the transfer
pump thing isn't something I want to get into at this point, but thanks
for the suggestion!

> > I recommend this to any of you guys out there....spend a day *REALLY*
> >driving your car!
>

> Hmm, I'll have to give this a try someday....  :)

Sarcasm, godda love it.......>

> >Hella rear "Scirocco" reflector(fits between taillights)...$20
> >***might have 2 of the reflectors...****
> >Eric
>

> Hmm, id be interested in one of these! Where does the license plate get
> moved to?

Alot of people have been interested in this, *IF* there is 2 of them then
I will have to do a stupid bid thing or something...I'll find out
tomarrow...

As far as where it goes, from hella they came with a new bracket that
attatches to the bottom of your bumper, had lights and everything(because
your old liscense plate lights light up the relector at night....)...I
noticed that the one in the yard had the bracket, but no lights...so we'll
see tomarrow what I can come up with...

>               Shawn Meze

Eric

PS--Scirocco I guys, I still have a Dino steering wheel and a front air
dam for sale.....parting out my 79...so anything else just ask!