*burp*...mmm rice!!!

Hehehehe..man I'm stoked! Driving home from the Octoberfest
show in SanAntonio, TX, parted with the caravan..well me
and a stage 3 G60,

Setup: on the Houston Autobahn..er Beltway feeder,
and I'm coming up to a red light, 3 lanes. I stopped in the left
lane behind a car making a left at the light. As I pulled to a stop I
made sure to rev 2 times real loud.
I eyed a honda prelude in the right lane, behind it a civic w/ some
chineese writing, and behind it a nasty MG. ..I could hear the
Maxwell House exhausts from the rice cakes...Just then I saw my wife
start clutching anything solid around her...she knew what was about
to transpire.

Race: light turned, the slowass car was taking forever to make the
left, I finally laid some rubber down and squeeled around her bumper,
by that time the prelude and mg were in the middle lane and the
civic still in the left lane, about 3 cars ahead of me. I closed the
gap quick and saw that peckerboy in the MG look over his left should
..knowing full well he was about to cut me off thinking he could beat
me...so I wipped in the middle lane as he was changing to the left
lane, now the prelude was in front of me by 1/2 car length, and I was
dead even with the MG on the left and civic on the right...all under
full throttle. The prelude and I quickly lost the other two pathetic
cars and I continued to stay 2ft from his ass up through 4th into
fifth @110, then we hit a straitaway and I was able to catch him and
then pass by 1/2 a car length @120 till we came to a red light....then
rolling down my window I looked over whipped out 4 fingers and
shouted.."It's a 4-banger!"..ya should have seen his jaw drop!!!!!!
He was sport about it, gave each other thumbs up and went seperate
ways about a mile later.

Note: He was the only one in the car, and I also had my wife, luggage
and crap from the weekend trip, plus my trunk is 80% speaker stuff
which weigs a ton. If I was that 500 lbs (125 wife,300 stereo,75 crap)
lighter..I would have caught up to him a lot faster.

the wife finally let go of her death grip..and I got a positive "wow
you really smoked their asses!"

another note..again this hondacrap was badgeless...another mark for
my theory that they go badgeless because they don't want everyone to
know all they have is a coffe-can exhaust and nice rims.

I have also decided...fu#$k throwing the nice engine in my show car,
I'll just clean up the 8v in there to show quality and put the 2.1~.2L
in my daily driver...no sense in wasting all that money and power!

Ryan
'87 16v Scirocco
'86 8v Scirocco