From: "Ken Buck" <phillyscca@enter.net>
To: scirocco-l@privateI.com
Subject: Re: G60 in a MK1, reinforcing
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:44:21 4

I am on my third MK1 body in four years due to rust and toooo much
power (if there is such a thing).  My first to split at the door
channels.  The windshield is held in by a gasket, not glued like most
cars.  Over time the gasket cracks and water leaks down into the
window frame, rusting through and leaking down into the door
channels.  Both of my bodies let loose, the first one was while
drivng,(YEEE  HAAA!!!!).  The car basically split in two at the
firewall.  When the second body started to flex at the firewall, I
replaced it yet again.  My now third body went directly from the
boneyard to a body shop.  I had plates welded into the door channels
and new rocker pannels welded in.  I would recommend the same for
you.

Also. both front stress bars will be a MUST with the G60.

Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA Solo II Chairman
DSP 79 VW Scirocco
86 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
phillyscca@enter.net
Safety First, Fun Second, Winning a distant Third
Can't we all just get along in peace and harmony?