Re: Woe is me.

Mawster Chadwick wrote:

> I just got my $$1400$$ Sound System ripped off on Saturday night.  >:[  The

<snip>

That sucks!!  But, I know how you feel.  I too have hand my car raped
for its audio system, they trashed to hatch lock trying to get in,
and couldn't, so then the just broke out one of my vent windows.
Stole my subs, sub amp, and ALL the CDs in the car (30).

> have gone to jail for murder/aggravated assault.
>
> My losses are _not_ covered by insurance, home or auto.  Um.  Crap Sandwich.

Neither were mine :( had to bite the bit and buy a PPI a600 for $340
and new subs.

> So, is it hard to take out the center console that holds the stereo/heater
> stuff/ashtray?  I have to get a new one because a crowbar(?) fixed it up rather
> well, my car looks pretty mean (anyone seen Slapshot?).

Its pretty simple, 9 screws all together I think.

First remove the lower part:

	Unscrew the two screws inside the tray (if you have a casset holder
	you have to remove it), the two screews on the sides, and the one
	under the cap just afte (sp?, behind) the shifter.  You also have
	to remove the shift knob and boot.  Now you can remove the lower
	part of the console.

Now the upper half:

	Pull out the fan knob and enviroment controls, also remove the panel
	thinggy (with the bule/red, and fan levels) to expose the 4 screws
	connecting the console to the control cluster. It should come right
	out.

> 1st order of operation: Get a Car Alarm.  With horn inside cabin & under hood.
>
> Chad Ptasinski

I did that the same day I got ripped off :)

Later
Etrik
http://activated.virtualscope.com/etrik/