Re: 300HP 2.0l 16Vs?

>At 08:59 PM 10/1/97 -0400, Kevin McGrath wrote:
>>Just tell me how? Will this monster run on 93 octane?
>___snip___
>>God I'm a pesimest lately.-  s'ok, sometimes...
>>Kevin McGrath

Then sean sez:

>Man, you guys post quickly! It could run on 93 octane, but
>for all intensive purposes, one should run a much purer fuel.

The local Unocal sells "racing fuel" which is 100 octane (or more); dunno
how much they want for a gallon of it or who is buying it.  I guess it
saves a trip to the neighborhood airfield.

>theyre designed 'safe'. Funny cars which are fast as crap, correct
>me if I'm wrong, are normally aspirated engines. [granted theyre
>overbored V-8's].

I believe funny cars are blown and run on nitromethane--they are
essentially top fuel cars with a "funny" body on them.  You are right that
they are usually big block V8's and are "fast as crap".  benton------