Re: 300HP 2.0l 16Vs?

At 08:59 PM 10/1/97 -0400, Kevin McGrath wrote:
>Just tell me how? Will this monster run on 93 octane?
___snip___
>God I'm a pesimest lately.-  s'ok, sometimes...
>Kevin McGrath

Man, you guys post quickly! It could run on 93 octane, but
for all intensive purposes, one should run a much purer fuel.
As far as tuning goes {also see Ryan and the Dudes posts}
look at it like this: theres the engine, then theres the breathing
including the fuel system. EIP, out of Maryland is jumping on the
Euro bandwagon and have developed some good numbers for
the VR6, by not only reworking the engine, but in customizing
the breathing. Most (not all) IMHO blocks, cranks, arms, and heads
are capable of much higher stresses than they were designed for-
theyre designed 'safe'. Funny cars which are fast as crap, correct
me if I'm wrong, are normally aspirated engines. [granted theyre
overbored V-8's]. You *can use aftermarket cams (re: the Dude), but you
must compensate for a change in pressure with the valve system and/or
the turbo setup-
Even though I may never actually build it, I keep theorizing with an
idea for a massive intercooler, with twin turbos and an upgraded ignition
and fuel delivery system for the 16v. I'm jealous of all of your 2.0L
engines; I'm a slacker for not putting one together already!
.02
Paul -too much coffeeeeeeeee
'84 16v