Re: Tranny adjustment

>   Is anyone fluent in adjusting a manual 5-sp   the Bently manual is a
>little hazy on explaining this procedure   it looks as though I need to get
>under the car without jacking it in anyway   (maybe use a lift)  and those
>pictures in the Bentley Manual are so bad I can't really tell what to line up
>with what     I have a major problem getting it into 1st and 2nd    but when
>--
A slight help may be to loosen the two 10mm bolts that hold the shift
bearing on and slide it to the left about 3 or 4mm. Then tighten the bolts
and shift. If this makes you nervous that things may be worse than before,
then mark the original spots. Other than that, I would highly recommend
replacing the "ball in the cage" link and the two bushings that are
installed at the top and bottom of the rod which attaches to it.

Good luck!
Paul