Re: Front mount replacement

On Wed, 01 May 1996 18:08:08 -0700 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:
>What the frig is the problem here folks?  I finally have the time to
>change up my stock front motor mount with a brand-spanking new
>Techtonics poly mount, and the mutherf#@*%g c*%$sucker is not going
>in. I was under the impression that it would be a simple matter of
jacking
>the motor up a bit, removing the two bolts holding the mount's bracket,
>then lowering the motor just enuff to slide the bracket and old mount
off.

Its that simple. So, whats the problem? Have you tried raising the motor
a bit? Tried lowering it a bit? Tried to remove the bracket that the
mount sits into? (2 17mm bolts) You should just be able to manuver it
right out of there. Dont make me call you Tard Boy!

>	  Well, the motor barely tilted down at all.  It was a bitch
just
>trying to get the stock mount and bracket out.  After almost 3 hours of
>trying to torque the engine to allow the new poly mount + bracket, I
>have been forced to replace the old busted rubber pile o' shite...which
>took me a total of 1.5 minutes.  :P thbbbt!

OK, so you got it out of the car. Good.
So, you got it in the car too? What did you replace? The rubber mount on
the bracket, right? The old mount pulls off and the new mount slips on.
Reinstall the bracket and the 5 minute job is done.
Am I understading the problem correctly?

>	Anyone out there know what I can do????  Thanks.

Punt!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and