Re: "Super Cars"

> Kevin McGrath wrote:
> >
> > Your Scirocco will NEVER be a Porsche 911 TURBO, NSX, NEW CORVETTE,
> > LOTUS etc. etc.
>
> 	Honestly, the way I look at it, those poor cars are never going to be a
> Scirocco.
>

> > Don't get me wrong I love my scirocco but lets be real. plus we are
> > paying an extremely small fraction of the cost of any of these cars.
>
> 	Which I think is great.  Do I spend $100Gs on a new 911 turbo, or do I
> spend $1G on a busted old Roc, put $1500 into body work, $8000 into
> rim&rubber, suspension and brakes, and another $15000 into the engine
> (let's overshoot just to make a point here).  All told, you're spending
> under thirty thousand, and with a bit of lead in the foot, will kick
> some 911 ass...maybe.  Yes, I'm dreaming, but it's making me giddy.
>

> > Sorry to be a downer
>
> 	Sorry to be an upper...actually, can I be a Shroom?  I'd much rather
> talk with the trees and rocks...

Hmm. Initially, I was thinking of keeping my 'Rocc just long enough to get me
thru school.  Then I got the Scirocco "Addiction" thing.  Now when you put it
that way, spending under $30k to have a light, nimble, and very fast car,
I guess the car will have to stay with me forever.

What to do in the future:
-Paint it black (na na na na na na na na na na na na naaaaa)<-- rolling stones
-Dump a $7000 dollar Engine in (supercharged Ottinger?)
-Slam the Suspension (all of it)
-Reupholster the Interior in mohair or leather (I can't decide now)
-Coffee can the Exhaust (no, not really -- I would rather own a Yugo than
desecrate a Vintage Car like ours)

What to do in the distant Future:
-Paint it Black
-Dump in a Nuclear Turbine Air-Driven Drive (NTADD)
-Add VTOL Ports for manoeuvering ease
-Pressurize Cabin, structural enhancement, space debris shielding  for IP
(interplanetary) travel
-Coffee can the .... wait a minute!

Regards,
Chad Ptasinski