Smooth bumpers

I bet every one thought I died ;), anyway I just replaced one
of my fenders and remembered that someone was talking about
how cool smoothed bumpers look (Jim Buck?), and I want to
get a few ideas going around about ways to do it. If I remember
right the guy with said bumpers had them sanded and painted with
some kind of filler paint, but this took a long time.  I was
thinking I could rough up the bumpers and then paint a thin layer
of polyester resin on them.  The only problem I can see with this
is that it may crack easy.  I am looking for a finish exactly like
that of the car. Anyone else have any ideas?

I was also thinking about another grille mod.  Know those
plastic pieces under the headlights?  I was thinking of
connecting them to the grille so it looks like one piece
(ala A3, I think).  I think it would look pretty slick.

Thats all for now!
Later
Etrik