Re: A bad thread

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 21:39:11 -0500 Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net> writes:
>I was just bolting on a new set of rims this weekend and on one of my
>rear hubs, the threads in one hold decided to just give up.  Before I
>could even torque the nut the threads just fell out!  Any of you guys
>have this happen?
>
>Jim

Hmm. Rear drums or disk??
I guess im lucky then.  In the last 4 years of autoxing my car, ive used
the same rear drums that I had when I got the car. (Its one of the few
items that ive not replaced on the car, yet.) Ive not yet had threading
problems. I change tires a bunch of times, not including the times I take
the wheels off to work on this or gain access to that, ect.
if you have rear drums, changing them (or just the bad drum) can fix your
problem.

BTW, I use an impact on my wheel bolts as often as I can. (Both taking
them off and putting them on.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and