RE: Apologies.....

Ian
while I realize that what you have is a valid complaint for which I
apologize I think you you could have gone about expressing it in a much less
asshole-like way.

>That's great, Shannon.  My bitch of the hour is this - _WHY_ do so many
of
>you

"you"  Is referring to all of "us" right? Like saying "those people"  I
(or "we" )wasn't aware I was member of the National League of Idiots whose
sole purpose is to piss you off as you would have it seem.

write two lines of (sometimes useful) information, often a signature
>which is longer than the message, and then leave 6k of stuff attached?
Not
>picking on Shannon directly, it seems to happen a lot - why not trim out
>the unimportant stuff?
>
>Of course, clever types will now start replying to messages which have a
>nondescript subject, like "16v Performance," and delete _everything_,
>except their message, as often found in the newsgroup, something
like....

>"I did the same thing to my Rocco, too, man.  It worked great."
>

>Lata,
>
>(insert some dumb netname here, like H20Dude or something)
>
>then the email...."my16vkix5.0ass@shitforbrains.com"
>
>maybe a url that does'nt
>work...."http://www.aol.com/members/users/suckers/morons/~16vh20
>
>Then the list of cars owned, past, present and nocturnal...
>
>87 16v(sometimes with really stupid accessory highlighted here)
>blah
>blah
>blah
>Getting down to the Bugs....
>
>etc.

I think this is totally uncalled for and absolutely ridiculous for you to
complain about. Modifying our cars "sometimes with really stupid
accessory highlighted" is what makes them our cars. I could really care less what
you deem as a "stupid accessory" .  Come on take a pill and relax if I or
someone else want to list what cars we own it may save you or them the
trouble of asking when said person gives you a hand on something and you
would like to know where their expertise is or what they are referring to. I
had a question about Beetles and guess who I sent it to and who replied
those with their bugs listed. Not to mention I do not see myself as or anyone
else on this list as a "sucker", "moron","shitforbrains", or for that
matter "my16Vkix5.0ass".

>So, Captain Clever

"Thou hast no fury...."

has deleted _everything_, and we don't know what or who
>he's talking about.  Great.  If you read the newsgroups, you know what I
am
>talking about,

Not all of us do,  and maybe we should talk to Kevin about a welcome
letter so that when someone new subscribes they have all the etiquette and
such related topics while welcoming them to the list. There for eliminating
the need for this to come up in the future and stepping on peoples pet
peeves.

and I really would like to pretend that mailing lists of
>this size are going to have intelligent, courteous discussions, not the
>infamous "me too" posts.

Something is only as good as the sum of its parts and I seem to think
that all the discussions and posts are of great merit to all those reading
them, if you're not interested don't read them. I don't believe a list of
this size can cater to everbodys needs no matter how we adjust. I think you
have to take the good with the bad as its what makes us individuals and
the list helpful.

Just a little thought is all I ask!  Maybe
>deleting unimportant stuff, quoting important stuff, and deleting the
>Subscribe..." message at the end of each message(always great to have 2k
of
>instructions that no one reads).  OK, hate me, hell, I drive a Rabbit, I
>must be Satan embodied.....nothing personal, but wow, do I get mad when
>have a nice big 7k message to read....
>

>...to find 21 new words.  Grrrr.
>
>Again, apologies, but this is driving me crazy.

Ill definitely make a note of it.