New

Hi,

I am new to this list and own a 1987 scirocco and am slowing realizing what
a great car it is.

I have a couple of questions.  While taking the car in to get a safety
check I mentioned that when I was starting to move in first gear there was
a considerable shuddering and later in other gears the car is fine.

The guy (at a Volkswagon repair place) said that it might be better to
replace the clutch.  I was wondering if anyone had any advice??????

Since I am new at all this I realized how little I knew about cars and
sciroccos in general.  Any one recommend any books (easy to read)?

SriRam