my scirocco update

Ok here is the current update on my scirocco.  I just went home and tried
to jump it like most of you suggested.  I didn't want to do anything
wrong so I followed the EXACT instructions for jumping the car that are
given in my scirocco owners manual.  The result was no different, the car
didn't do a damn thing.  No cranking, no noise, no nothing.  I asked a
local mechanic real briefly what he thought without looking at it and he
said that the battery might be too dead to even charge, if it's not
something else.  So the question is, what now?

Rich
87 16 valve(STILL not running)-black