Re: scirocco question

Message text written by Rich Deede----TOOL FAN
>By the way, I have Black Leather seats that are all leather and they have
no cloth strip in the middle, is this unusual?<

No this is not unsual to have full leather seats. My 87 16v has them too. I
love the look
and the car stays cleaner too. The leather was an option and several cars
have it.
 One thing about VW,s is that you can't let them sit for too long with out
a start up.
The bat will drain. You should think about a ground jumper to the alt to
help startups.
One more thing to look for is the bat connections. If the bat was just put
in they may not
have made 100% connections. You should clean all the contacts on all the
connectors
in the car.

After you get it started you should look at some of this stuff.
 What condition are the motor mounts in? This is one of the first things to
look
at on a Scirocco. Are your spark plugs and wires new? Check the hoses,
CV's, water pump
and the the filters too.
Welcome to the 16v club!

Doug