Re: scirocco question

At 20:06 11/19/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Uhhhh, although there is some truth to what Gerry said below, DO NOT
>DO THIS ON A TRANSITORIZED IGNITION SETUP (basically any car without
>points most VW's after 1980), you can toast your little black box's.
>The car will die immediately regardless of the alternator working or
>not.  I can speak from experience.  The battery acts as a "Filter" for
>the TCI  system.
>
>This does work great on by bug though ;-)
>
>-Paul
>90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
>87 Scirocco 16v  http://home1.gte.net/vwfan/autos.htm
>87 Jetta GLi
>63 Sunroof Bug

I bet the Bug has a generator - they can't load dump!

Actually, sometimes, they don't die. I have had battery cables come loose
(fall off) on some of the test vehicles we use, and they kept running. We
were trying to blow the engine controls on putpose during the tests, but NOT
via load dump...

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (Katy's car now)