Macgygers wanted. VIN mystery solved...

Thanks very much, Iain, Mark, John, Brett and Jason for the 24 hour roadside assistance.This list is amazing. I wish I had more to give.

Well, here it is....

The actual, physical number on the vehicle was a „CB¾ designation, but a clerical or computer error occurred at the dealership when the car was first delivered from Germany. The car was  entered as „CA,¾ and the documentation was therefore in error from the very beginning. The warrantee credit card, ownership and registration‚and all subsequent documentation‚were thus all wrong as a result of this first careless entry. I believe this was the actually happened because because I have all the invoices:

	a) The VIN # WVWCA 0532HK000076 appears on all original dealership invoices BUT the parts 				installed under  warrantee are particular to the 16V model only. These invoices list V-belts, air filters, a tail light, and pads and rotors and the particular part numbers only fit a „CB¾ or 16V car.

	b) One gem of an invoice (whew!) showed the 8V designation „CA¾ appearing along with the 				warranteed (no charge) replacement of the 16V badge. By replacing this particular part‚the actual	„16 valve¾ badge under warrantee‚proved the dealer, Autohaus North acknowledged the car was: i) a 16V scirocco, and  ii) Sold, and thus under warrantee, by Autohaus North to the original owner.

Remember that Buttle/Tuttle thing from the movie Brazil? Same sorta thing...

greg