Re: 2.0L big bore and specs needed./exhaust

><<  16V
> comes stock with a 2.25" stanless system(with the exception of the muffler).
>  >>

>HUH?? The original pipe I took off of my 16VScirocco was certainly smaller
>than the 2.25 inch Techtonics SS piping I put on a couple years ago.  Watchu
>Talkin About Willis????  I will say one thing....the original cat back pipes
>vw used were decent quality other than the muffler (which still lasted 6-7
>years for me in NY). If you're going with a 2.0 then I'd say go for bigger
>pipes.  I can't wait to get a 2.0.  For now I just work that clutch...no, I
>don't complain about the lack of torque at low RPM because I don't drive at
>low RPMs.   I'm in one of those moods so don't flame me too bad.....fill my
>head with more info.  later
>DANMAY
>8716VScirocco  83GTi
>http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
>--

O.k. Willis goofed, must be 2" pipe.  Anyway, my thinking cap was on too
tight.  I was thinkin since no power gains are claimed on these systems, it
wouldn't be worth it, but i was not thinkin about all the more flow you'd be
getting with all that head work, and larger displacement, etc.
I repent.

                                SoRrY FoR CoNfUsIoN.

                                                Owen
                                                87 16V with 10" stock exaust