Re: scirocco question

Sounds like a bad fuel relay??? Sounds pretty similar to a number of other
stories on this list.

If it is the relay, and it pops again after replacing it, the next route
to go would be to examine your fuel or transfer pumps for pulling too much
current (ie. they're on their last leg).

Am I right on this guys?

~C

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Rich Deede----TOOL FAN wrote:

|Here is the deal with my car.  I bought it on November 1 and it drove
|decently with a bit of a rough idle.  I then put the car in my garage at
|home as I am at school now and have no time for the car and no place to
|keep it here at school.  One week ago, I went home and tried to start up
|ny car, when I tried starting it up it didn't even turn over but all of
|the electrical power came on.  I gave it some time and tried it again but
|still the same thing.  After a few more tries, it still did the same thing
|but now there was a clicking noise, coming from what sounded like inside
|the car, below my steering wheel(my fuse box?) and then real quickly the
|car lost all electrical power and the car totally died.  Now when I try to
|start the car absolutely nothing happens.  So what do you guys think
|before I haul it in to the repair shop for maybe some expensive repair.
|
|Rich
|87 16valve(not running)-black

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-294-6658