Re: scirocco question

Here is the deal with my car.  I bought it on November 1 and it drove
decently with a bit of a rough idle.  I then put the car in my garage at
home as I am at school now and have no time for the car and no place to
keep it here at school.  One week ago, I went home and tried to start up
ny car, when I tried starting it up it didn't even turn over but all of
the electrical power came on.  I gave it some time and tried it again but
still the same thing.  After a few more tries, it still did the same thing
but now there was a clicking noise, coming from what sounded like inside
the car, below my steering wheel(my fuse box?) and then real quickly the
car lost all electrical power and the car totally died.  Now when I try to
start the car absolutely nothing happens.  So what do you guys think
before I haul it in to the repair shop for maybe some expensive repair.

Rich
87 16valve(not running)-black