Re: "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@phoenix.net>: Re: Rear Lights - Scirocco 1982-1992

> The 8v lenses are smooth, and the 16V lenses have the horizontal black
> strips rinning accross them.  I think those are the only 2 styles in north
> america, allthough i know in england i've seen white scala's with white
> horizontal lines instead of black to match the paint.  Kinda neat.

I bought some of that cheapy pinstriping tape (red) and put it over the
black raised lines on my red '87 16v...  it was just the right width,
and I can easily peel it off if I like.  I like the way the color
matched stripes look too, and they DO stick out from the red color of
the lens...  I was afraid they would blend in too much.

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'86 GTi  <--- sold/traded
'85 Jetta diesel  <---traded
'82 diesel pickup
'69 baja Beetle
parts cars - '80 Rabbit diesel, '86 GTi, '87 16v Scirocco, '88 16v GTi
website - http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/vw.htm