From: "Jeff Wheeler" <j_dubbya@email.msn.com>
To: <scirocco-l@privateI.com>
Subject: I Am The Dumba**; Koo-Koo-Ka-Choo...
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 21:01:15 -0500

Thanks to those of you who shared your wisdom concerning my water-pump
pulley predicament, and to those who silently wished me luck as they read
the message.  Actually, I succeeded by using two 6mm allen wrenches in
combination with a 17mm box wrench and a small socket inside the "box" to
center it on one of the allen wrenches, thereby providing the leverage
against which I could squeeze the allen socket.

Mr. Mannix was good enough not only to discuss my immediate problem, but
sage enough to warn me against thenext one I'd likely encounter, that
being
the bolts which attach pump to housing.

"Tap them, 'cause they break off easy,"he tells me.  "Since I started
tapping them, I haven't lost a bolt," he says.  Did I tap them? Noooo.

I set that 10mm socket one a bolt, and commenced ta twistin'.  It came
off
pretty easy.  Emboldened, I attacked the second; same story.  The third
was
a little tougher, so I put a little muscle behind it, and puhh, off came
the
bolt head.  I went ahead and sheared off two more; I don't know why.
Sometimes I'm such an a**hole.

So, I'm thinking that that complete pump assembly Mark offered me such a
good price on a while back is looking pretty cherry right about now.  But
nooooo, now the car's on jackstands and the wife's tired of sharing a car
and I'm going to have to pay something awful for one locally, or worse
yet,
try to find replacement bolts while trying to learn how to use a
tap-and-die
set(isn't that what you get sheared-off bolts out with?).

I think I'll see if I can find that .wav file I had of that fat kid on
the
Simpsons saying "HAH-hah!"  and play it at myself a couople hundred
times.