Re: Mixture? Oil Pressure? Strange Happenings!

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997 23:50:58 -0600 "H. Jones" <hjones1@airmail.net>
writes:

>The whole series of events were a little unsettling considering the
>conditions, but the engine is fine. Hooked a mechanical gauge to the
engine
>and oil pressure is perfect. What is the warranty on VDO oil pressure
gauge
>and sender? And after replacing the alternator, mixture is fine and
plugs
>are perfect!?!?!? Most Unusual!!
>
>Harry

Can you say "voltage Spike"?!?!

Sounds more like your voltage regulator took a dump and let loose on your
electrical system. Yikes! Are you sure it didn't fry anything under neath
the dash??

Say, after the alternator was changed, did your gauges return to normal
or are they still pegged??

More importantly (to me anyways), how did you finish in that race??

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and