From: Ryan Schuermann <rts@phoenix.net>
To: scirocco-l@privateI.com <scirocco-l@privateI.com>
Date: Saturday, November 15, 1997 5:37 PM
Subject: Some q's and info on my new 2.0L

yay I bought one! so info on the other two.

Ron's parts has one that was in an engine bay fire, but if your'e
planning on rebuilding it that doesnt matter as you should replace
the gaskets anyways. they say 30k on the block and will let the long
block go for real cheap.

B&W auto dismantlers also has one with higher mileage on it and they
wanted like $850 with a core. they advertise in the back of EC

So...now I got this block. I pulled the plugs, 1 and 4 are blackish
and 2 and 3 are whiteish...this mean anything? I also lucked out I
got the plug wires and loom, distributor, almost new timing belt
on it, fuel injectors and lines to distributor and t-body! not bad
for $950 delivered to my door...oh and the water pump too.

now I can't wait to tear it down. Anyone have suggestions on a good
engine mount thingy where I can work on my engine? leaning up against
my garage wall isn't that sturdy.

Ryan