Re: (Parts)Ron's parts

>summer for the indy race, and we stopped in on our last day there.  I can't
>say enough about them, there really cool guys.  I got there 5 minuts after
>they closed, and Andy Varga(very cool guy) ended up showing us around,
>pricing stuff out, and chatting(we even had a beer with them) for over 2
>hours.  Thats what i call customer service.

Some of you may or may not know/care, but there's been a shakeup over there
and a lot has changed.  The guy running the show now is an ex-employee who
left RPI a couple years ago to work for Spax; he's a good guy but there's
something about him I just can't put my finger on.  Like he doesn't take
the job seriously (which is hypocritical coming from me) and doesn't really
care if he rips guys off.  For example if someone comes in and says "I want
a 16v transplant" without knowing what's involved, he might end up with a
mishmash of parts that will work, but isn't a real high-quality setup.
They also misrepresent products (but always have) like Spax and
Supersprint...I don't like bad-mouthing RPI because I like Andy and Craig,
but it's 'caveat emptor' now more than ever.  There's a different
atmosphere there now...all the local guys who used to hang out at the shop
(myself included) have taken their business elsewhere.

But at the same time they do have a good selection of stuff and prices are
good (and flexible).  I walked in there a couple weeks ago and had a 90A
alternator in my hands in under a minute that cost me less than $150CDN.
Can't complain about that...