(Parts)Ron's parts

>If you ever come down to the coast, you should definitely check out Ron's
>Parts (in Coquitlam, outside of Vancouver.)

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt(literally).  I was out there over the
summer for the indy race, and we stopped in on our last day there.  I can't
say enough about them, there really cool guys.  I got there 5 minuts after
they closed, and Andy Varga(very cool guy) ended up showing us around,
pricing stuff out, and chatting(we even had a beer with them) for over 2
hours.  Thats what i call customer service.

I went there to get a new dash,
>and they had at least four to choose from,

Thats what i ended up picking up too.  Mint, out of an 89!!! 16V that was
apparently stolen, and they were parting it out.  i got mine for $125
aswell, i've seen guys asking $200 US.

 and a whole rack of door panels
>(don't recall any red though.) They buy write-offs and salvage cars from
>the ICBC auction. They are kinda expensive on the new parts (or so I've
>found) but I bought a perfect black dash from an '88 16v for $125, less
>than a wrecker wanted, and the wreckers' was still in the car. Ron's does a
>lot of mail-order, so they will ship to you.
>
>There were a few ads in EC a while ago, with a parts/speed shop in Calgary.
>I never did call, but are they any good?

Yeah, contemporary motorsports is the one you mean.  They have that little
add at the back of EC, with the funny lookin Jetta.  I know the guy that
runs it, pretty good guy, but the customer service is kinda lacking.  I just
don't think they have enough staff.  And another thing, he runs it out of a
Honda dealership ;-P

he gets pretty good prices though, and i think he's a VW man at heart.

>HTH!
>
>Greg.

       Thanks for the help though, and i'd give Contempory, all in all it's
a good shop.  There are just too many pimped out Hondas with Contemporary
stickers on them here.

                                        Later
                                                Owen
                                                87 16V