proposed anti-theft device

Spent most of last week trying to think of how to fend off asswipes
determined to steal my next scirocco. If it happens again I'll be
free-basing Prozac. How 'bout this depraved musing:

The fuel pump relay has enough space in it for a single mini dip switch.
What if the coil of the relay were wired to a switch? Drill a couple of
holes in the housing and you can flick the relay on or off by sticking a
pin through either hole. When the coil circuit is open, no coil, no
coil-no relay, no relay-no fuel, no fuel, no start... It would be pretty
difficult for moron/thief to determine why the car turns over but doesn't
start.
'
Anyone have experience with auto security: what works and what's bogus? I
saw something called "The Plug" by revelco on the web. Its a multi point
engine disable with an armoured pipe straight through the firewall and a
18 pin coded "plug" on your dash. Seems secure and can't be cut from
inside. Alarms are ok but they're pretty cry-wolfy in my part of town.
And yes I've already considered the ol' pipe  bomb in the seat bolster
trick. Me paranoid? Well the new 16V I'm considering is immaculate except
for a single flaw: the tell-tale impression of a crow bar in the
passenger door edge....