Re: Still overheating

At 10:17 PM 11/13/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Gerry, I've never heard of pure coolant doing any harm to the engine.  In
>fact, you're NOT supposed to put water into the radiator because _that_
>causes corrosion.  The coolant has a higher heat carrying capacity than
>water, so I'd suggest draining the rad. and refilling with only _real_
>coolant ie good stuff like Prestone.
>
>-JG
>
>Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332

        Not true, Anti-freeze alone is not what is supposed to be there.
And only when mixed with a 50% Antifreeze/ 50% Water is the mixture able to
optimally dispell heat from the system.  Anti-freeze alone is not correct,
just as water alone is not correct.  You can use distilled water which is
mineral free to fill it up with if you are worried about build up..

					DOM!
        1997 FCSCC EP CHAMPION------>	1980 VW Scirocco S in EP
					1979 VW Westfalia
					1987 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde