Cold Start Valve

Hey Guys and Gals:

I have come across, what I believe to be a strange phenomenon. When I try
to start the car after it has been sitting for a while, it cranks about 10
times until it sputters to a start. I have changed  sooo many things
because of this it is ridiculous. Now, I noticed when I disconnect the
electrical connector to the cold start injector, the car turns over in a
split second. It doesn't even have to crank once.

I pulled the injector when the car was cold and it only sprayed for four
secs as supposed to. Then I put a test light on the thermo time and it lit
for only about that amount of time also. Next, I changed the cold start
valve and the thermo time with old ones from my '54-84 Jetta GLi and the
problem still exists. If I pull the injector connector, it starts right up,
if it is connected, it cranks and sputters to a start. I also tried
swapping computers and that didn't do a damned thing. What the Hell is
this? Sorry so long.

Regards,
Paul Hanley