RE: 1980 Scirocco

O.K. I got that, I know where to put it (on the fuel
distributor)...but listen to this.  On my fuel distributor assembly,
where the hole is to place the 3mm allen, there is already a metal
tool fitted into the hole.  This tool just looks like a 5 inch piece
of straight wire going into the whole with a loop at the top (I guess
for better grip).  What do you think?  I tried moving this thing
before and nothing happened (no change in rpm, sound, idle, etc.)

John