MIKE <lerb@redrose.net>: Re: CD Receivers - what size fits 87 MKII w. AC?

Is that with a sleeve - or without?
 . . . Mark
Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), previously 1981S (RIP), 1975TS, 1975
From: MIKE <lerb@redrose.net>
To: "Lee Pfefferman" <prgraph@inreach.com>
Cc: scirocco-l@privateI.com
Subject: Re: CD Receivers - what size fits  87 MKII w. AC?
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 18:07:50 -0500

mine is 6 1/2 and it fits...its  a sony (damn that sounded like a
comercial)

At 01:59 PM 11/11/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm looking to buy a single CD Receiver, not a changer, in a 16V w. AC.
>I've become concerned after looking in the Crutchfield catalog; their
table
>specifys the maximum depth available for an 84-88 Scirocco receiver to
be 6
>1/8".Ý Unfortunately, all of the CD Receivers listed in the catalog are
6
>1/2" or larger.Ý Apparently the evaporator box limits the maximum
receiver
>depth.
>
>Do all size E (Euro-DIN) units slide into a metal sleeve or is it
possible
>to mount one without a sleeve to save space?
>
>Can any of you offer suggestions as to which CD Receiver models will
fit?

>Thanks very much,
>Lee
>

>--
Mike Weiler
1984 rocco 8v 16v kit installed 131k (need major interior parts).
Please e-mail me with any parts you may have extra and pricing.
lerb@usa.net
lerb@mindless.com
lerb@softhome.net
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence with words in the
proper order then why can't he?
          _______