Re: [tech] ajustable timing devices

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Shawn C Meze wrote:

> That sounds kinda silly to me. if it fails or has some kind of
> detrimental effect on the engine, what difference would it make if its a
> racer or an enthusiast's motor? Obviously if its an enthusiast, he's
> looking to get everything out of his motor (or he's just got way too much
> money to buy toys) as he can. Right? I just dont see the relation of your
> products and your insurance company.

Shawn, I think the biggest thing is, an 8v(stock) is a non-interference
motor(for all who don't know what the means, is the valves never enter the
same space as the piston occupies)....a 16v is an interference engine...so
if you get cam timing screwed, piston hits valve...boom...no more pretty
16v....

So posiblity of liability law suits against the manufacturer...(Hmmm my
Business law class does come in handy)...

Eric