Fwd: Please assist me!

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re: Please assist me!
Date:    97-11-09 13:23:43 EST
From:    VSciroccoW
To:      SailingFC

<< << Usually) after the engine is warm, it will totally lose all power. I
can
  floor it, and get the 'intake noise' that comes with the K&N but absolutely

  no power. It almost feels like I'm hitting the brake instead of the gas.
  The thing that concerns me most is the fact that it comes and goes so
  irregularly. It seems to worsen if I floor it, but if I have a light foot
  on the gas, it sometimes will limp along. If it's floored, it might drop
  the RPMs to 1000 or lower, and then suddenly BAM! Hard acceleration, or
  even worse, bucking. >> >>

This problem could be your Oxygen sensor.  The O2 sensor comes on when your
engine warms up.  The O2 sensor is the primary signal the computer uses for
fuel mixture control.  You might want to check the grounds for the sensor, or
the sensor just might have failed.

Ben
87 Scirocco 16V