Re: [tech] ajustable timing devices

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997 16:25:14 +0000 "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@phoenix.net>
writes:
>I saw Techtonics sells an ajustable cam sprocket to advance or retart
>timing, anyone have experience with this and does it work on a 16v?
>I need something that i can self ajust my timing depending on the
>driving i'm doing (ie with and without NOS)
>
>Ryan

Ah, I didnt see this post before I responded to the other one from
"Rocket". So somebody does make one then. COOL! From what they say about
the gears, its a give and take type deal. Since the 16V has such bad low
end, id say its probably (Read, im GUESSING here.) a good thing to have
on the motor. You have the added low end torque plus the NOS spanking you
in the butt. Sounds like a win-win scenario to me. You can retard it for
low end torque around town and advance it for top end power. Should also
make for a very interesting dyno graph with the adjustability of 8
degrees! Very interesting indeed!

Looking at the picture of it in TT's catalog, they look the same.
Probably not the same, but they do look the same. I love how the 16V gear
costs $100 and the 8V gear costs $80. Kinda funny to me but...

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and