Re: [tech] ajustable timing devices

> I saw Techtonics sells an ajustable cam sprocket to advance or retart
> timing, anyone have experience with this and does it work on a 16v?
> I need something that i can self ajust my timing depending on the
> driving i'm doing (ie with and without NOS)

 Thats for the cam timing, which is different from the ignition timing. I
think you could use a MSD 6A ignition, and Timing retard module to get what
you're wanting to do, but I don't think there are any plug in systems to do
this with just the stock VW system. It may be possible to do it by faking a
knock signal to the computer, but this would require a bit of study on
exactly how to interface something to the ignition. Maybe you could wire in
an extra knock sensor, mount it to your dash, and just thump it before you
hit the bottle:)

Brad