Re: gti related

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997 13:49:09 -0500 JGies@skandia.com writes:
>sorry for the non-scirocco post.  my brother is in the market for a used
>GTI (A2).  he is weighing 8v and 16v models.  i have given him the heads
>up on what to look for based on my 16v scirocco experience.
>any other tips?  problem spots to look for?  does anyone know what year
>the golf got the 2.0 16v (if it ever had the 1.8 16v?).  is the 8v GTI
>suspension the same as the 16v GTI?
>any help is appreciated.
>
>john
>jgies@skandia.com
>'88 16v Scirocco Alpine White

that's a tough ponderment. "Which car to get"? Man! Im glad im not in his
shoes! :)

Well, I do know one thing, its too bad he's not looking for a 2.0L
Scirocco 16V! there's an 88' in my auto trader for $3000 OBO. Euro
bumpers, Euro lights, lowered<?>, Momo wheel, Recaro's, <heavy annoying>
SIGH!!!

Im not even sure but maybe, just maybe the 2.0L only came in the A3's? I
dont recall the A2's getting the 2.0L but perhaps a late model A2 got
one. I know of a few A2 Jetta's that have the 2.0L but I think they're
transplants. Sorry im nut much help but I had top post in that 2.0L 16V.
Oh, its Alpine white. So are the bumpers and side mirrors. It looks very
clean (considering its a small B&W picture)! Anybody wanna loan me $3K??
:-D

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and