Re: Black door handle inserts???

> From:          Dan Baisley <gt7116a@prism.gatech.edu>
> Subject:       Re: Black door handle inserts???
> To:            Scirocco-l@privateI.com
> Date:          Thu, 6 Nov 1997 18:30:44 -0500 (EST)

> >         Hey sciroccans,
> >
> >  I am wanting to replace the older looking metal door handle inserts with
> > those nice black ones from the later GTI's and so on.  I was at the dealer
> > to pick some up(someone told me they were only a couple bucks), and the
> > parts guy took out 3 different versions.  2 plastic(cheap) and one metal($15
> > each!).  He said he thought the metal ones were the only ones that would fit
> > in.  I'd rather not spend $30 on door inserts, any idea if the plastic ones
> > will fit?
> >

> I got my black ones for 3 bucks. Semi-flat black Krylon spraypaint, looks
> great.
>
> Dan
> --

Like Shawn M. Suggested, Why Don't you sand and then paint them? You could try
to mach the color of your paint, and that would look spiff, having red door
handles!

regards

PS.  I now have 50 $ for the clear signals.  I'll call on Saturday.
Chad Ptasinski
1985 8V Scirocco
"http://www.cadvision.com/Home_Pages/accounts/chadwick/"