RE: Please assist me! (Jetta Woes)

Hi Shawn -

I have checked the fuel pump relay, and it's fine. In neutral, it stumbles
around 500 RPM, then might kick back to life, and might not. Your switch
analogy is perfect - that's exactly what it's like. I'll try to get home
early today, and try a few things... It's really a pain in the ass,
especially since (in theory, anyway) the Jetta is supposed to be our
reliable car, and the Scirocco is the one that I play with, and almost half
expect bad things to happen to... (That and the fact that we're still
paying for the Jetta!)

Another thing - on Jan's page, there is a file which suggests that the
Knock sensor is screwy, and the contacts aren't clean. Does this make
sense? (Grrr I hate electrical gremlins) Also - after 3000 RPM, the
Alternator light flickers. (Like the other problem, only sometimes) I have
checked the belt, it's good and tight (is there a possibility that it could
be *too* tight?)

Thanks for the offer to post to the NG, it looks like my posting (from h
ome) made it... I made the mistake of posting this problem to the list last
night with the subject 'help,' and my original messages are now clogging up
Kevin's inbox.

Thanks, as usual.