High output lights

I'll have to second Steven on this. I did not purchase GE, but instead
some other brandname "Xenon"somethingorother. I picked them up at Napa for
$9.

The improvement is fantastic, especially coupled with 55w fog lights. As a
matter of fact, I almost prefer to use the fog/low combination with the
new xenons more than my highbeam.

WHat I'm searching for now is a nice bright high-beam, since I can't seem
to find these extra/high output lights for the highbeam.

I _do_ have problems w/ people flashing me, however. They're especially
shocked when I pull back the ole dimmer switch and engage the brights in
addition. I'm not sure what to do 'bout that, cause it happens quite
frequently, but only out in the country, not the city. And yes, that's FOG
lights, not driving lights...they're properly adjusted. :-)

~C

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997 steven_b@smtpgate.bcsew.edu wrote:

|     Hey Scirocco Heads,
|
|     Unable to fork out cash for cool Eurospec lighting I found a cheap and
|     awesome improvement in lighting for my '87 16V.  I had stock and
|     probably original (those rectangle lights never seem to die unless a
|     rock punches a hole in 'em) four rectangle head lights.  I was less
|     than pleased with the low beam brightness and very happy with the high
|     beams.
|
|     Since I am into dodging deer on a regular basis and have a few too
|     many oncoming cars in the country to use the high beams a lot, I need
|     some decent lighting up close.  The old lights were giving me poor
|     visibility.  You know, that weak orangish pathetic look.
|
|     GE started selling these new Halogen HO (high output) low beams which
|     they brag give 80% more lighting over standard Halogens.  Being a
|     scientist and generaly a skeptic on % increase claims I had been
|     resisting giving them a try.  Well, K-Mart (0f all places) put these
|     babies on sale for $6.99 a piece US here so how could I resist?
|
|     The results made my jaw drop!  Holy Killer Visibility!!  It's like
|     having a 20yard carpet of light out in front and it is really white
|     and clear.  They are up to proper '90s lighting quality, use legal
|     wattage and don't offend oncoming cars in the least.  You HAVE to try
|     these babies if you are running the stockers on your 'rocco.
|
|     This is the cheapest tweak I have done on my 'rocco, and it may save
|     my butt and car some day too boot.  I had to pass on the good news!
|     Cheers!
|
|     STEVE
|     '87 16V

|--
|To subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to scirocco-L-request@privateI.com,
|with your request (subscribe, unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-294-6658